Saturday, February 8, 2014

Why Write?

Here we go!  Whether anyone else ever reads this blog, I know the writer will benefit from it's existence.  Lots cheaper than therapy.  I guess I've been on this journey to simplicity and peace for most of my life, but lately it's become a passion.  With each phase of life, I went about it in a myriad of ways, often missing the mark.  Though thankful for the journey, I'm now letting go of the past through purging physical possessions, and hopefully even some intangibles that are holding me back from my goal, back to simple.  The blog title may change at some point, but for now, back to simple is just right.  We all start out just happy to have our basic needs met.  Then, oh how we complicate!  


This blog will explore simplifying every aspect of my life.  Hopefully others will be able to relate, and sometimes that's all we need...to know that another human being understands.


I wrote this poem a very long time ago, at a time when writing helped guide me through a time of intense turmoil and grief. As I continue on my current path to a simpler life, I believe writing will once again help steer me to the goal. 


You ask why I write and how do I know
Why do the words so easily flow
Do I think I know or think I can see
Do I seem to preach, I pray, no, not me


I write what is burnt to my mind and soul
The words that are there sent my way to grow
I don't hear God's voice speaking audibly
But that doesn't mean He's not speaking to me


When I am writing and looking way back
God shows how He loved and kept me on track
His plans working out, I didn't foresee
The blessings that he bestowed upon me


So He moves my hand with plans to inspire
In all who do read and mostly the writer
Often my pen on paper does go
Why do the words so easily flow


I write because God moves me from within
And means me to grow from words that I pen

1 comment: